I’ve been receiving plenty of emails via Facebook and through my new website on how I currently eat to maintain my size.
Mostly, they say, “So, what DO you eat? Give me the specific details already!”
Well, alright then! Here you go.
It varies from day to day, whether I’ve spent the day at Michael’s place, gone out on a date with him, or wanted a treat. But mostly, I am sticking to a 1,500 calorie-a-day nutrition plan, mostly eating recipes from my Les Mills PUMP program. But, here’s a sample day- yesterday, to be exact- directly from my food journal.
- 8am: 1/2 cup greek yogurt plus 1 cup mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries) + chocolate Shakeology with ice and water
- -optimize and alkalinize (from Beachbody Ultimate Reset maintenance kit)-
- 10:30am: 2 swaij fish fillets, steamed, over spinach leaves plus 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1pm: 1/2 cup greek yogurt + berries + 1/2 avocado (separately. And clearly, GY+berries is a staple in my diet, can you tell?)
- 3:30pm: 1/2 avocado + steamed bunch of kale and lemon + sliced bell pepper in Dijon mustard
- -optimize and mineralize in distilled water-
- 6 egg whites, scrambled plus spinach plus 2 bell peppers
Total: 1,400 calories and 16 grams of sugar total. I aimed a little lower yesterday, simply because I had an extra glass of pinot noir with Michael over the weekend, to celebrate our mini-versary. That’s life, you know. You have treats here and there, and instead of caving in and blowing your progress, you just cut back a bit the next day (or two). You gotta work those treats in, or else this becomes a diet. Also, I don’t want to spend a lot of time making large, elaborate meals on my own, so I’m all about convenience. I use those steamer bags in the microwave all the time, or do a quick stir-fry on my stove. I want to be in, out, and on with my day quickly.
To your health,
Do you have staple meals in your diet? What are they?